In this recipe, the sour cream, cucumbers and dill come together to create the perfect summer salad.
- 1/4-1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 T vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh dill-weed (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- Onion, thinly sliced, or chives finely chopped (optional)
Combine the sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and dill in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Place the cucumber slices and onions/chives if using in a large bowl, then pour the sour cream on top and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours or more, stirring occasionally. Yield: About 6 servings.
Photo Credit: Stacy Spensley