These tender baked vegetables offer a warm and savory compliment to any meal. Try pairing it with a chicken breast or a slice of roast beef and a crusty sourdough biscuit for a delicious dinner.
- 3/4 cup diced green peppers
- 2 cups celery, cut into two inch strips
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups carrots, cut into two inch strips
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups green beans, fresh or frozen
- 4 T melted butter
- 1 T cornstarch or 3 T tapioca
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 T sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place vegetables in a 3-quart dish. Mix butter, cornstarch or tapioca, salt, pepper, and sugar together, then pour over vegetables and mix well. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are soft. Serves 12.